Following a rigorous application process, throughout 2020/21 L.E.A.D. Equate worked with the DfE to deliver a package of training and support for the statutory implementation of R.S.H.E across the South Yorkshire, East Midlands and Humber region. This DfE approved package of support ensured that primary, secondary and special schools were compliant with the requirements of the statutory framework. The five key areas of support were:
• Development of compliant R.S.H.E. policy and curriculum
• Successful engagement with parents
• Quality teaching of R.S.H.E.
• Confident and skilled R.S.H.E. delivery
• Effective monitoring and assessment of R.S.H.E
Meet the Specialists:
The coordination and delivery of RSHE is led by Catherine Kirk. Catherine is a national R.S.H.E. Consultant with over 20 years’ experience in supporting schools to develop effective R.S.H.E. policy, curriculum and practice. Catherine leads a team of trained specialists, who are skilled and experienced in leading R.S.H.E. in line with the new guidance. They are:
- Antonia Webb – Primary
- Helen Boole - Primary
- Sarah Allen - Primary
- Nick Lever- Secondary
- Jessica Catnach- Secondary
- Aaron Bloodworth-Flatt - Special/ Secondary
What do we offer?
- Termly networks for primary, secondary and special schools. Keeping PSHE/RSHE Co-ordinators up-to-date with developments and allowing an opportunity to network and share practice with peers.
- Access to resources including online training modules, audit tools, example policies, resources and case studies.
- Specialist training for RSHE practitioners through masterclasses, bootcamps and conferences.
- In-house training based on individual school or trust needs. We work with you to plan virtual or face-to-face training to impact on the quality of RSHE delivery in your school.
Impact so far....
The RSHE delivery so far has been fortunate enough to train over 500 schools. In this,we have been able to train the RSHE team to deliver a high quality input to all schools and offer follow up support. As a result of this model we have had positive feedback such as:
"I can't tell you how incredibly amazing the sessions I have attended have been, and how grateful I am for the amazing work from the presenters and all those behind the scenes that have made this possible. These sessions you have provided have helped me beyond any other training I have ever had, and I am beyond thankful to you. Thank you so much! In particular can I thank Donna for all her hard work in arranging everything and sorting us all out, and Nick Lever for an incredible training afternoon and his unbelievably wonderful ongoing support." Religious Studies Teacher, PSHE and Citizenship Co-ordinator, High School and Sixth Form College
‘The information was clear and set out the sequence needing to be completed in order to meet statutory expectations for delivering RSE in school.’
‘I was expecting some guidance on RSHE, but to receive everything that I did was amazing especially considering I'm starting it all from scratch in a brand new school!’
‘The content regarding the specification of the statutory duties relating to RSE was thorough and any misconceptions or queries for fully addressed.’
Here are some useful webinars/videos/staff meetings
More videos these links:
|What makes a great RSHE Teacher Video||Mental Health and Wellbeing Secondary Webinar|
|What makes excellent RSHE?||RSHE Changing Adolescent Bodies Webinar|
|Mental Health and Wellbeing Primary Webinar||First Aid Briefing Session Secondary|
RSHE Primary Staff Meeting
RSHE Secondary Staff Meeting
High Quality Case Studies Produced by RSHE Leaders within Schools
The DfE have shared a number of Case Studies from RSHE specialists across the UK. We are equally delighted to share case studies within our region too.
Primary Case Studies
Secondary Case Studies
For many more case studies, please click here
PLEASE SEE THE DfE POWERPOINT RESOURCES & MODEL POLICIES BELOW: